Tank Lid Seals and Gaskets
A resilient elastomeric core spirally wrapped with PTFE tape and surrounded by successive braided jackets of inert polypropylene yarn. Specially reinforced corners are incorporated to build the section to the required packing size.
The braided structure is spirally wrapped with further layers of PTFE tape to provide an impermeable barrier to liquids and gases, and then finally enclosed in a robust, abrasion resistant braid of PTFE yarns.
Sealing of tank lids, main hatches, inspection and cleaning covers on tankers carrying all known bulk liquid cargoes in all International Maritime Organization (IMO) classes.
- Gas-tight environmental seal.
- Protects cargo from sea water ingress.
- Withstands repeated opening/closing cycles.
- Unaffected by steam and other tank cleaning systems.
- Suitable for smooth recesses in stainless steel lips as well as those with rougher surface finishes.
- Meets US Coast Guard requirements for lid sealing of hazardous cargoes.
- Pressure tight beyond Lloyd's and DNV test criteria.
Inert to all media in the range pH 0-14, including all known bulk cargoes in all IMO classes.
Service capabilities - static duties on tank lids
|Maximum operating temperature:||+120°C.|
|Minimum operating temperature:||-50°C.|
|Maximum tank pressure:||0.7 bar|
Any square or rectangular sections of 12.5mm upwards are made to order; also endless rings to fit specific tank lid recesses.